Sunday, December 15, 2013

Online classes and being out as an online journalist.

First of all it is hard having online classes when you have no steady internet connection. I myself waited for hours just to get that savory connection that will help me pass class. I wanted to throw my laptop and broadband stick to the nearest window I don't even know. Though I did try to follow through with what my own classmates were posting on facebook. I also kept in track with my twitter to see if my professor was giving any instructions.

The hardest part of it all, the live reporting.

As I walked down on Session Road wearing a coat and chest binder (I just came from a photoshoot) and with a roll of tissue (and yes I have colds and a fever that day) I kept my eyes for news. No fatigue nor fever could stop me. Well something did.... my lack of an android phone. Our prof did say that we needed partners but I found it hard to communicate with my classmates. I honestly have my own problems with that and I know I need to change it. Though I did try to find a way by asking  my friend to stay on my laptop and tweet for me while I text messaged her. Though I am pretty disappointed I couldn't take pictures.

Over all I honestly screwed up as an online Journalist and as a student that day. Though I have to learn from these mistakes and grow from them. That is what a true Journalist does. I still have a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment